Sunday, June 7, 2026

Ocean of Thanks

 



A good stencil is timeless and an economical way to make a card. This colorful ocean card looked great with just the beautiful background and the sentiment. I combined it with a neutral seahorse and some vellum to level it up. This month at Cupcake Inspirations, anything goes! Create a card or project and share it with us. 


I created this background panel, and 3 more, with a stencil and four ink colors. It was super easy and fun! I had made this seahorse several times in various colors, but I wanted to try a more neutral one. It worked will with this colorful background.


If your background seems too busy, add a strip of vellum to mute it. Stamp your sentiment in a matching color as I did here with the deepest blue of the panel, Blue Denim. 




You can also keep it simple with a sentiment and a little shine. 

Supplies:
Gina K Designs Seashells Stencil, Inks (Sandy Beach, Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Blue Denim)
Altenew Graceful Seahorse stamp & die set
Gold cardstock, vellum 

Challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations- anything goes 6/8-7/13

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous combination of background and image, the stencilling looks so dimensional!

    ReplyDelete

How Sweet it is...

James Taylor's song "How Sweet It Is  (to be loved by you)" was the inspiration for this card. Play along this month at A Plac...